- 24 Aug 2022
- Updated on 24 Aug 2022
Pass-through fees may apply in addition to the cost of a GoodHire background check. These fees are passed through to the customer directly from state and county offices, such as county courts, motor vehicle departments, employment verifiers, and education institutions. GoodHire does not markup these additional data access fees.
Which screening services have pass-through fees?
The following screening services may have pass-through fees depending on the data source. Click on the link to see more information on the sources which charge a fee and their rates. Note: Rates may change at any time. We do our best to keep up-to-date but can’t guarantee accuracy.
- County Criminal & Civil Court Records Searches
- Statewide Criminal Records Searches
- Employment Verifications
- Education Verifications
- Motor Vehicle Records Searches
- Drug Screenings
How do I approve a pass-through fee?
There are several ways you will be prompted to approve a pass-through fee.
- You’ll receive an email notifying you that a screening service has a fee that requires your approval to process. Follow the link in the email and you will be taken directly to the fee approval page.
- When you log into your GoodHire account, you will see a notification there are fees requiring your approval. By clicking the notification at the top of the screen, you will have the opportunity to approve pending fees for all candidates at once.
- If you navigate to a specific set of candidate results you will see the screening service which requires fee approval. By following the link to “Review Fee,” you will be able to see all fees for that specific candidate.
Can I have pass-through fees automatically approved?
Yes, if your account is set up on monthly invoicing, we can configure your account to automatically approve all pass-through fees or only fees for specific screening services. Contact Customer Success or Customer Support to enable this feature on your account.
Can I create a threshold so that I only have to approve expensive fees?
Yes, if your account is set up on monthly invoicing, we can configure your account to automatically approve fees up to a certain threshold, and require your approval for any fees over the set threshold. This can be setup individually for each screening service. Contact Customer Success or Customer Support to enable this feature on your account.
How do I decline a fee?
By declining a fee, the specific screening service order will be canceled and the cost of that screen refunded. To decline a fee, log in to your GoodHire account and navigate to the candidate result(s) which require(s) a fee. Expand the row for the candidate and click “View Results.”
Find the screening service with a pending fee and click “Decline Fee.” You will be prompted to confirm the action, and then the service will be canceled. After a service is canceled, it will no longer show up on the candidate results page or the background check report.