- 20 May 2022
Alias Search by SSN Trace
- Updated on 20 May 2022
GoodHire offers several automated alias searches based on the social security number (SSN) trace results. These searches include:
- Nationwide Criminal Databases Search by Alias
- Federal Criminal Court Search by Alias
- Global Watch List Search by Alias
- Domestic Watch List Search by Alias
- Sex Offender Registry Search by Alias
- Healthcare Sanctions Search by Alias
- County Criminal Court Search by Alias
How it works
When a candidate's SSN trace completes with a "Clear" result, the respective alias search is conducted based on variations in the candidate's last name only.
- If the candidate's SSN trace completes with an "Alert", any automated alias searches will not be conducted. This ensures that results are not returned based on aliases associated with an incorrect or mismatching SSN.
- For instructions on how to rerun a background check, visit our Help Center page, Rerun A Background Check
- Alias searches will only be conducted for variations in the candidate's last name. Variations of the candidate's first name will not trigger alias searches.
Here's an example of a GoodHire report containing several additional searches using the candidate's alias names returned in the SSN trace: